From: Spencer, Bob
Sent: 2008年5月21日 7:41
To: Li, Horace; Brandt, Todd E; Bryan, Shane; Loïc Minier; Kyle Nitzsche
Cc: Wong, Carl; Alexander Sack; ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: GTK theme masters: Help! (RE: Theme Setting added to moblin-applets -
bug #206389 )

We need to tweak some things to get our themes working correctly.   Questions /
confusion in red

My goals are:
    - Have all theme settings controlled via the standard gconf keys:
desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_theme (and icon_theme).   These are currently set
to non-existent "Human"
    - Remove hard-coded theme in scripts (currently set to mobilebasic)
    - Set gnome as default icon theme and verify it works
    - Get midbrowser to use 48x48 icons instead of stretching 24x24 icons
(These are coming from /usr/share/doc/libgtk2.0-doc/gtk/  !?  )
    - Verify that apps, marquee, and home page change theme when gconf keys
change.

What I thought happened, but doesn't exactly:
    X starts
      /etc/X11/Xsession.d/25ume-config-common-startup
            sets GTK2_RC_FILES = <theme_dir>/gtkrc-2.0/gtkrc    (theme_dir
currently /usr/share/theme/mobilebasic/ )
            calls /usr/share/ume-config-common/ume-gui-start
                starts matchbox, passing in --theme =
<theme_dir>/matchbox/theme.xml    (theme_dir currently:
/usr/share/theme/mobilebasic )
    The above should impact hildon-desktop and matchbox only.   (Horace, can we
also find a way to remove the --theme parameter to matchbox?)

    GTK apps get theme settings via xsettings daemon which reflects values in
gconf:   ( I don't see any change in apps icons or theme.  Browser icons don't
change -- what apps do?)
      /desktop/gnome/interface
        /gtk_theme
        /gtk_key_theme  (what is this?)
        /icon_theme

    There is also currently gconf keys in:
      /desktop/moblin/interface  (Todd, what are these for and who uses them?)
        /gtk_theme
        /icon_theme

FYI:  Horace has changed the hildon-desktop to ignore the GTK2_RC_FILES and
moved the gtkrc.maemo_af_desktop contents to gtkrc file.
    (Horace, where are your changes?  I built an image today but hildon-desktop
hasn't changed.  If I comment out GTK2_RC_FILES value, I get the attached).
    current hildon-desktop:  1:2.0.11-1-svn15367-0ubuntu2

wrt the gtkrc file in the mobilebasic theme package, all references to image
files were changed from:  ../images/<file> to
../../../../../usr/share/theme/mobilebasic/images/<file>  Why?  It seems less
robust to have basically an almost absolute path instead of a relative one.

Bob