Javier Gálvez Guerrero wrote:
> What I would like to know is if Ubuntu Mobile allows to develop and add my
> own applications. The application I want to develop should access wireless
> drivers information (i.e. power strength, maybe through madwifi drivers) and
> create a GUI with and embeded media player (gstreamer could allow this?).

    Certainly.  Development is essentially the same as development for
any other Ubuntu flavour, and all tools available in Ubuntu may be
used for such development (or even tools not in Ubuntu, as long as the
result works with Ubuntu.  Installation on a target requires either
the generation of custom images for deployment or installation of the
software package post-installation.  For smaller environments (less
than 4G disk space), it is preferable to create custom images due to
the use of squashfs in smaller environments.  Note that the
installation system used for the 8.04 release uses squashfs
unconditionally, so it may be better to re-examine this issue once the
application development is completed (using post-install packag
addition for testing).

    Having such an application included by default is more
complicated, and requires it to be of use for the vast majority of
Ubuntu Mobile users.  This is likely best discussed separately once
such an application has received widespread testing.

> So, can I develop my application in C++ (or Java) to do this? Is it
> possible? If yes, which libraries/tools are supposed to be used?

    Any library available in Ubuntu may be used, although for smallest
resulting image size it may be best to use C or python and GTK for the
interface (or any other libraries that are already included in the
default image).

--
Emmet HIKORY