Hi,

Thank you all for your answers. I must say it finally worked. How? Check
this out...

As I said in previous mails, dumping data (with 'dd') to a USB key and
trying to boot the latest Ubuntu Mobile
image<http://people.ubuntu.com/%7Eogra/mobile/>didn't work with two
different USB keys and three different devices (Samsung
Q1 UMPC, Asus G1 laptop and Acer TravelMate 3000 laptop).

Just to give it a try, I created a Ubuntu MID image with Moblin's MIC tool,
but it neither worked. I didn't give any importance to that as I didn't care
too much about the target CPU architecture, I just wanted to see how the
behaviour of the devices was when trying to boot from the USB key with a
MIC-created image.

Then, I dumped again an Ubuntu Mobile image with 'dd'; just the same
procedure as the first try and with the same image. Then...it worked in
Samsung Q1 (remember, non-Ultra), Asus G1 laptop and in Asus R2 UMPC as
well.

In Asus R2 the touchscreen didn't work at all, just the buttons but
everything else was OK, as in the other two devices (in SQ1 the touchscreen
worked properly). Well, I need to check the network connectivity as I need
to configure static IP networking instead of automatic DHCP, but wireless
networks are properly scanned.

So, can be possible that Moblin's MIC tool prepared/formatted the USB key in
such a special way that it could be properly booted? If not, I can't
understand what happened at all.

Steve, have you checked this out? If not and you feel like doing it, please,
some feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you all again for your time and support,
Javi