Ryan Gallagher wrote:
> Ok it downloads and unpacks fine, then it gets into trouble (see
> below).  Any ideas?

    Hrm.  If just rebooting doesn't fix it for you, you might try
running through the install again, select "Continue using the CD" (yes,
it's not a CD), and doing the apt-get update; apt-get install aptitude
... stuff at that point to see if you can get it working (chroot to
/target in this case, I think).  Aside from that you could try to make
the chroot more robust with something like `mount -t proc proc /proc`.

    In the worst case, installing Ubuntu Desktop, installing the
ubuntu-mobile package, and uninstalling the ubuntu-desktop package ought
to work.  Mind you, I've not tried any of these: for me it just worked
with the forced installation of the kernel.

    On another note, once one has a booted working system, it's probably
a good ideal to `apt-get install linux` to make sure to track kernel
upgrades for security fixes, etc.

--
Emmet HIKORY