On 29/09/08 04:47 AM, Javier Gálvez Guerrero wrote:
> I have been testing the last Ubuntu Mobile image in a Samsung Q1 (non-Ultra,
> just live session) and HDD-installed in an Asus R2E  (live session tested as
> well).
>
> Regarding sound, SQ1 has no issues with that, while Asus R2E doesn't play
> any sound at all, neither in files nor testing through Audio configuration
> (tested in both live session and HDD OS).
>
> lspci command shows different results although both are Intel devices. Then,
> as I am not a hardware (nor a software..xD) expert, I post it to the mailing
> list just to ask for some help.

You may have to talk to Alsa directly about the lack of support. I know they've
been working on fine-tuning other Asus devices in 1.0.18rc3, they may already
have support for it in a later build.

I don't actually work for the alsa project, but i've been watching their latest
git repository regarding the eeepc support. I'd be able to tell if support is
available in a later release.

> In SQ1 audio line in lspci: 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation
> 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev
> 03)
> In AR2 audio line in lspci: 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G
> (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02).

What is the output of "sudo lspci -v -nn | grep -A 7 Audio" on the Asus?