hi,
On Mo, 2008-10-06 at 08:17 -0400, Jason Pimble wrote:
> I have been playing with the two Ubuntu Mobile variants on my Samsung Q1U
> (NP-Q1UAY01/SE upgraded to 2GB of RAM), and had previously installed the
> mid-8.04.1-mccaslin-install-usb image on the device.  All of the versions
> are very nifty, but I found a few quirks:
>
> I installed ubuntu-mobile.img (20081004) to the hard drive and applied all
> the latest updates and it works great, except I can't figure out how to
> get to the menu for Midbrowser so I can do things like change preferences,
> install extensions (I need AdBlock!), etc.  Am I just not finding a button
> or a key press to get this to appear?
thanks for that nice feedback, the midbrowser sadly has some glitches
since it was written for hildon use and ubuntu-mobile uses a plain gnome
setup, i hope we can get a fix in in time for release, but cant promise
anything here ...

> I noticed that the samsung-q1-ultra-keycode-setup script isn't present in
> either the -mid or -mobile images, and that the hotkey-setup script
> doesn't have any hotkey configuration for the Samsung Q1U either.  It
> seemed like hotkey-setup was the right place to put the key bindings, so I
> modified the /etc/init.d/hotkey-setup script and added a
> /usr/share/hotkey-setup/samsung-sq1us.hk config file (based on what was in
> the samsung-q1-ultra-keycode-setup in the mid 8.04.01 image).  I could not
> test the UDF or shutter buttons because these buttons do not exist on my
> Q1U.  I have attached a patch for the changes I made (it's been a while
> since I have made a patch, I hope I created it correctly).
the keymaps are nowadays all handled centrally by hal, please see the:
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/30-keymap-misc.fdi
file for changes to the setup...

ciao
        oli