I've been reading tons of information about Unbuntu-MID Edition.
However, just to have a good start, I'd like someone to tell me where I
can find information to start developing specific applications and
kernel modules.

Also, my target has only a 512 MB harddisk (FLASH) so I would like to
strip the distro to a minimal but keep the same UI environment. Do you
think I could achieve this starting from the Ubuntu-MID Edition distro ?
I don't need support for Bluetooth, WiMAX, etc...just email, internet
browing through a wired LAN connection. I,m ever n willing to strip out
OpenOffice. My target runs with a Intel Atom Z510 (Menlow).

Thank you.
Pierre