On Sun, Oct 19, 2008, David Boxall wrote:
> I've finally managed to download an image (dated 18/10/2008) and try it
> on my device.  The kernel seemed OK, but X failed to load:
> (EE) Failed to load module "openchrome" (module does not exist, 0)

 Yup, we currently miss the openchrome driver for lpia; last week, I
 managed to build it on lpia, but it needs intervention of an
 administrator of the P-a-s database: the Packages-arch-specific db
 lists which packages to build on which architectures.

 In the mean time, you can try building the openchrome source yourself
 for lpia; "apt-get source -b xserver-xorg-video-openchrome" should do
 the trick from a lpia system.

> In the interim, I tried a Ubuntu desktop install.  That worked, sort of:
> - the screen wouldn't run at the full 800 by 480;
> - the eGalax USB touch screen wasn't recognised and
> - the Nemerix N-GPS USB (CP210x UART bridge) module wasn't detected, but
> - everything else seemed OK, including the Synaptics PS/2 touchpad.

 (It will the same on Ubuntu MID.)

--
Loïc Minier