Hi Emmet,

Thanks for the reply. That's actually very sad to hear, as Ubuntu UMPC
seems to have a much cleaner and faster interface for touchscreens, unless
I am missing something.

>That said, there's no good reason why one
>couldn't adjust the intrepid ubuntu-mobile-default-settings package to
>work with 9.04, or continue development.

I'm not really a developer, but studied programming in the past, to a
certain degree :-S
So basic in a sense, but I usually fool around files and tweak things here
and there when it makes sense to me.

How would I make these modifications to make a Ubuntu Jaunty UMPC version
for example? Is there a HOWTO page?
As for further development, I actually would like to take part in terms of
what I can at least.

Since I am not a developer, what other means can I take part in?
I can even try looking at the code and see if I can learn something if
someone is willing to show me the way.

>It was decided that only IMG files would be distributed, as so
>many of the target devices didn't have on board optical drives, yet were
>capable of booting from USB.

Isn't ISO more supported though, and easier to modify, edit, etc.. in the
GNU/Linux world?

Thanks for the help.

Subject: Re: Ubuntu UMPC status