The only mids in EU at the moment are the Nokia n810, iphone....wait, check
out my database....
umpcportal.com/products
UMID MBook and viliv s5 looking good.
feel free to send me questions. ill do my best to help.

Steve

2009/3/18 (``-_-´´) -- BUGabundo <ubu...@bugabundo.net>

> I'm looking to get a MID in the (really) near future to replace my 2,5 old
> SonyEricson K600i.
>
> I refuse to get and IPhone (no mater how good it can get with 3.0
> firmware), and OpenMoko FR is too much geek time consuming.
>
> What can you guys recommend from the devices available in Europe that can
> run some FOSS OS, preferably Ubuntu.
>
> I've hear about "SmartQ 5" but dont have any clues about its performance or
> connectivity.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Hi, I'm BUGabundo, and I am Ubuntu (whyubuntu.com)
> (``-_-´´)       http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net
> Linux user #443786    GPG key 1024D/A1784EBB
> http://BUGabundo.net
> ps. My emails tend to sound authority and aggressive. I'm sorry in advance.
> I'll try to be more assertive as time goes by...
>
> --

Steve 'Chippy' Paine
Promoting mobile computing devices through
UMPCPortal.com MIDMoves.com MeetMobility.com