To get audio recording with the external mic, you need to open the sound
mixer panel (click on the speaker in the task bar), select the options
tab, and change the input source from I-Mic to E-Mic.  You may need to
enable this tab in the preferences window.

Tobin

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 19:16 -0400, Brian DeLacey wrote:

> Very nice UI, the USB install was easy to work with, and the system
> boots up quickly. I think this beta is a revolutionary release.
>

> I installed it on two different models of the Acer Aspire One - one
> has a hard disk, the other has SSD. Overall, it seems to work quite
> well and looks good. (I couldn't get Sound Recorder working with a
> plug-in microphone but recording with Audacity worked fine. I will log
> the test results.)
>

> I also successfully launched the live version on a Compal Jax 10 (no
> touch screen or wireless working, but fine with a USB mouse and
> wireless adapter.)
>

> Brian
>

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Kent Loobey <k...@uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
>         On Wednesday 25 March 2009 08:32:54 Paul Larson wrote:
>         > There is only a short time left before 9.04 beta, but a beta
>         candidate
>         > is available at:
>         >

> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/ubuntu-netbook-remix/daily-live/current/j
>         >aunty-netbook-remix-i386.img
>         >
>         > If you have a netbook, and would like to help, grab the
>         image and a USB
>         > stick to boot from and head over to:
>         > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/test/2475
>

>         I love this product.  I have been using it on my Lenovo S10
>         for about a month
>         now (I have been keeping it up-to-date with apt-get.).  So I
>         will definitely
>         download and test the img you specified.  Thanks so much for
>         getting this
>         product out the door.
>

>         >
>         > There you will find some basic test plans for testing the
>         install of
>         > UNR.  While you are waiting on the image to download, you
>         may wish to
>         > create an account on http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com so you can log
>         your test
>         > results.
>         >
>         > Even if you are not ready to install a beta of Jaunty UNR on
>         your
>         > netbook, you can still help by running through the live boot
>         test that
>         > is listed there.  Please let us know about any bugs you
>         find, and
>         > whether the installs passed or failed on your hardware.
>         >
>         > Thanks,
>         > Paul Larson
>

>         --

Tobin Davis

Boob's Law:
        You always find something in the last place you look.