Hello everybody,

I hope we can clear up any misconceptions about Upstream Version Freeze,
Feature Freeze and the Schedule in this post.

Am Montag, den 23.01.2006, 09:49 +0100 schrieb Lucas Nussbaum:
> libsvg-ruby 1.0.3-1
> libbreakpoint-ruby 0.5.0-1
> libcmd-ruby 0.7.2-1
> libdaemonize-ruby 0.1.2-1
>
> Those packages weren't in Ubuntu yet (they just went of NEW in Debian).
> I've verified that they built correctly in a clean dapper chroot.
> They can be synced from Debian.

These packages are NEW packages, which can be imported until Feature
Freeze (February 23rd). So yes, go!

> 2)
> libgettext-ruby (1.0.0-1 -> 1.1.0-1)
>
> New upstream release. I've checked that it built and install correctly
> in dapper, and tested some basic fonctions.
> Please sync, so we stay in sync with Debian.

The proper process for this is sending the Upstream ChangeLog diff and
the complete diffstat between our current and the new version.

> 3)
> libgd-ruby (0.7.4.1-2 -> 0.7.4.1-2.1)
> rsjog (1.1-4 -> 1.1-4.1)
>
> Simple NMUs in Debian because of xlibs-dev transition. I've tested that
> the packages built and installed correctly in dapper and tested some
> basic functions.
> Please sync.

These are no new Upstream versions, please talk to James to get them
synced.

> 4)
> sisu (0.36.4-1 -> 0.36.5-1)
>
> New minor-level upstream release. Also a build-system cleanup. I've
> checked that it built ok. I'd prefer it to be synced just so we stay in
> sync with the debian package on a binary level (the number of binary
> packages changed with the new build system), but would understand if it
> wasn't synced.

Same as 2).

> Also, some packages someone should definitely have a look at :
> - redland-bindings : 1.0.2.1-1ubuntu1 -> 1.0.2.1-3 (was a python-related
>   merge)

Just sync, not UVF/FF related.

> - psi (0.9.3-2ubuntu1 -> 0.10-2) : a very popular Jabber client.

Same as 2).

Have a nice day,
 Daniel