On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 12:55:17PM +0100, Daniel Holbach wrote:

> So if you want to help out, you can join either
>
>  https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-main-sponsors
>
> or
>
>  https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-universe-sponsors

I see that ubuntu-dev team is a member of ubuntu-univers-sponsors, so
effectively every MOTU is now a member of the sponsor team.  That may be
the desired result, but I just want to point out that there is really no
point of joining the team -- either you can upload to universe and
already in the team, or you are not in the team and can't upload.

(This also brings the annoying side effect that every MOTU starts to
receive bugmails about sponsoring, and has no way to turn it off.  But
that's another story, and thanks to Sarah for fixing, or at least trying
to fix it. :-)

Ming
2006.12.13