Ouattara Oumar Aziz wrote:
> I believe you didn't get my problem.

No, I believe you didn't understand my response. :)

1) There's no "libmux" string in that diff.gz _at all_. No string, no
reference, no possible way of stating that libmux is associated with
libvlc0-dev from the Debian packaging that Ubuntu inherits.

2) In 7.04:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ apt-file search libmux
vlc-nox: usr/lib/vlc/mux/libmux_asf_plugin.so
vlc-nox: usr/lib/vlc/mux/libmux_avi_plugin.so
vlc-nox: usr/lib/vlc/mux/libmux_dummy_plugin.so
vlc-nox: usr/lib/vlc/mux/libmux_mp4_plugin.so
vlc-nox: usr/lib/vlc/mux/libmux_mpjpeg_plugin.so
vlc-nox: usr/lib/vlc/mux/libmux_ogg_plugin.so
vlc-nox: usr/lib/vlc/mux/libmux_ps_plugin.so
vlc-nox: usr/lib/vlc/mux/libmux_wav_plugin.so
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ apt-file search libmux_ts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

In other words, I'm not sure where you're pulling the information for
libmux_ts.a, but it's surely not from 7.04's repositories. And since we
only actively develop 7.04, the previous releases are not relevant here.

> - why is my system saying that that *libmux* file exists in a package
> when it doesn't ? I believe apt-file can't just imagine that. Since it
> told me that the file were in libvlc0-dev, it may be written somewhere.

Check your sources.list(5), perhaps? [Again, all repos not hosted by
Ubuntu mirrors _and_ not 7.04 are irrelevant.]

> - I know that lib can be found on vlc website. So it's not impossible
> that the package could contain them if we choose to.

So please file a wishlist bug using Launchpad to include said file.

> On an other hand, there is also a lib *libfaad.a* that has the same
> problem, but libfaad.a can be found in libfaad2-dev package. So was the
> choice of removing all the *.a files from lbvlc0-dev to prevent some
> conflict ?

Again, Ubuntu inherits the Debian packaging. Your question regarding
original intent is better posed in that forum.

> if so, any of the *.a files should be provide in some other packages and
> the problem of that description stuff should be fixed.

There is _no_ "description stuff" in the official 7.04 libvlc0-dev
package that refers to any "libmux".

Thanks,
- --
Daniel T. Chen            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GPG key:  0xC88ABDA3