On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 12:15:12AM +0100, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2007 23:28:28 Daniel T. Chen wrote:
> > I agree with Daniel's points that we should be more cautious regarding
> > policy decisions, but I think it's in our [MOTU] best interest to make
> > as much of the decision process open, transparent and responsive to MOTU
> > as possible. From my perspective, MC's charter is to lead MOTU, not
> > restrict policy decisions to only MC [the exception being approving or
> > deferring MOTU candidates].
>
> Yes, sounds pretty sane.
>
> I especially like the idea of a charter for MC.
>
> I've just started an early draft of a charter for MC [1], please
> correct/add/comment on it. Please also state if you think we don't need a
> charter ;).
>
> Cheers,
>     Stefan.
> --
> [1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Council/Charter

Agreed, I think having clear expectation is good. I was happy to see the
SRU decision made at the MOTU meeting, since it affects everyone in
MOTU, and I knew that we had 4 MC members there, so that the decision
didn't have to be deferred until the MC meeting. At the first MC
meeting, there wasn't much (or any) involvement from non-MC people, so
having decisions made at the MOTU meeting is a good thing, I think.
I've added a note about answering to the TB to the charter.

Thanks,
Andrew