Heya,

Am Dienstag, den 10.07.2007, 22:39 +0900 schrieb Emmet Hikory:
>         * contributors looking to individuals rather than teams for assistance

Precisely. While it's good to have good personal relationships and good
to have the feeling that you're getting on well with some members of the
team, we need to encourage new contributors very early to make use of
the team processes we have.

Sponsors can always be away, on holidays or just too busy to take care
of you - there's no need to be blocked on that. Also it's better to
learn from several people and not only one.

>     These are all excellent targets and goals, although I've found
> that most of the answers I provide for the third are either already in
> the wiki, and that new contributors may need much more help with
> drafting documentation than with bug management and patching, as they
> have not yet internalised the processes, and are often focusing on
> learning to package.

I think that adding a note to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Documentation/Wishlist is a good start
already.