Dear all,

as you may know we have been discussing possible ways to make the Mentoring
program even more efficient.
One possibility raised by Emmet [1] is to split the current program in two
stages, not directly linked to each other:

Stage 1 would be directed towards newcomers and is meant as an introduction to
the Ubuntu development, in particular about the methods, tools and processes
that we use.
At the end of stage 1 a contributor is supposedly able to actively contribute
to the community through sponsoring.

Stage 2 is instead mainly meant to prepare already active contributors to
become MOTUs.

Before adopting this change, we would like to know how many developers would
be willing to change to this scheme, and how many would be available to help
out with either stage 1, stage 2 or both of them.

In light of an adoption of this scheme, Mentors which are already active are
kindly requested to communicate to us under which stage would their mentoree
fall.

Please raise your hand!

Cesare
MOTU Mentoring reception