Except that building things as root exposes you to security problems in
package build scripts, and that you actually need to be root for an extended
period of time, which some of us would rather not do, or cannot do.

Well... At least there's fakeroot.

--

        Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Rudd-O.com - http://rudd-o.com/

Now playing, courtesy of Amarok: Voodoo & Serano - Blood is pumping
O, what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive.
                -- Sir Walter Scott, "Marmion"