On Sun, 25 May 2008 13:07:44 +0200 Emilio Pozuelo Monfort
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>First draft for a policy for motu-{sru,release} membership:
>
>0/ The term of service for the motu-sru and motu-release teams is of one
release
>cycle (six months).

I think it should be longer.  For motu-sru, their effort is continuous.
For motu-release, we are still defining the pre-freeze work that needs to
be done and so it's no clear when in a cycle this should best be done.

 I'd suggest we set the term to two years with the idea that most people
won't actually do it  long.  That way people could be replaced on a rolling
basis as needed.  Then neither team is likely to have a complete turnover
and lose corporate memory/ take a while to get organized and block other
people's work.

Scott K