2008/11/6 David Faerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> debian has a very strict procedure to submit new code...
> only developers can and if you are not a developer you should get some
> one who help you (there is forums and mailing list for that)

That's the same for Ubuntu, and Ubuntu might actually be even stricter.

For Debian, anyone can upload packages to mentors.debian.org and if a
Debian Developer is happy with it he may sponsor it. In Ubuntu, we
have the same with revu.ubuntuwire.com, but we required two Ubuntu
Developers to advocate it.

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.