On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Jonathan Davies <j...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/5 Nacho de los Ríos Tormo <nachodelosr...@gmail.com>:
>> I send this email to this list because gnome-do is not in Launchpad, and
>> this is the address it had for the maintainer. I hope it won't be filtered
>> out by the list filter.
>
> GNOME Do is indeed in Launchpad, it's main page and Ubuntu package
> page are located here:
>
> - https://launchpad.net/do
> - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-do
>
>> gnome-do in Jaunty tries to install the whole Evolution. Althoug Evo is
>> present in most Ubuntu installs, this dependency should not be necessary.
>> Some people use alternative mail readers, and the complete Evo install may
>> be very inconvenient for compact Ubuntu installations such as in netbooks.
>> The dependency should be optional.
>
> gnome-do has a Evolution plugin, that may be the reason it's pulled in.

That is indeed the reason the libevolution5.0-cil package is pulled
in.  This, in turn, links to a library only provided in the evolution
package, so evolution gets pulled in.

It would probably be a good idea to split the plugins package
somewhat; there are a lot of plugins there, and some have non-trivial
dependencies (such as the evolution plugin).  Sadly, this will require
some upstream work in GNOME Do.  Due to the way mono.addins is
used[1], it's not feasible[2] to provide split packages at this time.

[1] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/do/+bug/324168
[1] Or, at least, will require some funky postinst/postrm magic.