Maia Kozheva <si...@ubuntu.com> writes:

> 20.04.2009 20:48, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>> How about modifying gtkpod to load libmp4v2 at runtime instead of at
>> load-time? This would allow the "normal" gtkpod package to be compiled
>> without libmp4v2 and use it if it happens to be installed.
>>
> Response from gtkpod upstream:
>
>> I like the idea of dynamically detecting libmp4v2. Patches welcome.
>
> I'll try to write a patch this week and commit it to upstream SVN first, then
> backport to Ubuntu.

Excellent, thanks for your work!

> No idea if the patch would be picked up by Debian (after all, there is
> no libmp4v2 in the Debian archive), so we would probably be doomed to
> carry the divergence until the next upstream release.

I don't see why not. Debian more or less just recently started a new
release cycle, so they would integrate that patch on the next upstream
release at latest. Probably even earlier as here the problem is even
more pressing.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4