On 2009-11-30 00:44:45 +0100, Tim Michelsen wrote:
> Therefore, I pu the minimum python version in my control file:
>
> XS-Python-Version: >=2.5
>
> I am on Ubuntu Karmic.
> When installing the package generated with
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
> the system also installes the modules files for Python 2.5 into:
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scikits.timeseries-0.91.3-py2.5.egg-info
>
> and
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scikits.timeseries-0.91.3-py2.6.egg-info

For python2.6 this is wrong as it looks for modules in
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages. This is usually a problem in upstream
installation script blindly assuming site-packages.

> So why are the build module files for Python 2.5 additionally installed?

Because you wrote that this package works on all python version >= 2.5.
And in Karmic the supported python version are 2.5 and 2.6. So the
module gets also build for python2.5 (in case someone wants to use it
with python2.5).

> What do I need to change in my control file in order to get only the
> Python 2.6 files installed on systems where 2.6 is the default Python
> version?

Does it make the package that bigger that you don't want it? Do you have
a reason for not supporting python2.5?

Michael