I have actually ran into this issue a fair amount of times before,
with binary software packages this is a big issue and vendors are slow
to act on providing new versions, if that is even available.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Ove Gram Nipen <o...@nipen.no> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, let me express my gratitude for the work you do
> maintaining Ubuntu. I really appreciate it.
>
> However, I would like to direct your attention to the following bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ia32-libs/+bug/431091
>
> If you read the comments, this bug affects a lot of people, but there is
> no statement from the maintainers. Are you aware of the issue, and are
> you going to do anything about it?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Ove Gram Nipen
>
> --

GPG Key ID: C92EF367 / 1428 FE8E 1E07 DDA8 EFD7 195F DCCD F5B3 C92E F367

WWW: http://www.sharms.org/blog