On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 08:58:06PM -0600, Rob Oakes wrote:
> On the LyX developers list, we have received several questions about
> when the most stable version of LyX (1.6.7) will become available to
> Ubuntu users.  At present, the version listed is 1.6.5.  This is
> somewhat problematic as version 1.6.5 has several known compatibility
> issues with Qt 4.6 that have been fixed in later releases.
> [...]
> As I understand that Ubuntu has been frozen, is there any special
> process I would need to follow in order to have these packages
> included in 10.10?  I have read the community documentation, but it
> was not clear how a non-Ubuntu member (e.g. me), would be able to
> update the available packages.
---end quoted text---

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess

AFAIK, since it fixes issues it would be accepted.

Btw, Maverick ships Qt 4.7 beta2, are there compatibility issues with
that too ?

I would be glad to help you, since there is a colleague of mine at work,
who started using it.

--
 ‎أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer