Hi,

I'd like to evaluate the possibility of updating OpenCV from 2.1 to 2.3 in
precise.

2.3 is in Debian unstable but it requires a rebuild of all the packages that
depend on it.

Debian resources about the transition:
 * http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=634797
 * http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/opencv.html

I found ~20 source packages in Ubuntu that depend on one of the binary packages
produced by opencv. I'm going to test build all of them (either the version
already in Ubuntu or a more recent one from Debian if necessary) in a PPA I set
up for this:
 * https://launchpad.net/~adri2000/+archive/opencv2.3-transition

Given the number of failures and how much work it requires to fix them, we'll be
able to decide whether we can manage that in less than a month, before FF.

Please tell me if you see any problem with this.

Cheers,

--
Adrien Cunin aka Adri2000