Op 10-07-13 19:01, Stephen M. Webb schreef:
On 07/10/2013 12:28 PM, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
To learn how to package I have followed the instructions on
http://developer.ubuntu.com/2012/02/how-to-prepare-a-compiled-application-for-ubuntu-software-center/,
 replacing Dungeon with ubuntumanualnl.

There also is a spelling error in "Ubuntu Packaging Guide, Release 0.3.2 bzr367
quantal1 (I downloaded
ubuntu-packaging-guide.pdf), where dh-make should be dh_make (twice).
The "c" (create) and "x" (extract) commands conflict in the example.  From
context, it looks like the command should be
this.

   tar czf ubuntumanualnl-12.04ubuntu1-debsrc.tar.gz *.dsc *.changes *.tar.gz

which would create a compressed tar archive called
ubuntumanualnl-12.04ubuntu1-debsrc.tar.gz containing the dsc,
changes, and pristine tarball from the current working directory.

Hello Stephen,
Thank you so much for this clear answer. It worked! I never used tar before, so your help was more than welcome.

To all,
I am not sure if this is a MOTU responsibility, but if so, could someone who has the rights to change this on developer.ubuntu.com fix this, as well as the dh-make spelling mistake in ubuntu-packaging-guide.pdf?
Hannie