Hello all,

I noticed that kde-l10n-zhcn package has long set ibus-pinyin as one
of its dependencies. This has been filed as a *comfirmed* bug [0] for
over *3* years yet no one is actually trying to solve it.

I, together with many many other Simplified Chinese users, think that
a l10n package should NOT depend on a specific input method (ibus)
[0]. Removing the dependency is easy and will help many users to get
rid of the conflicts between different input methods. The upstream
Debian package never added such dependencies.

The same problem lies in Traditional Chinese package (-zhtw) too.

It would be great if anyone is willing to solve this problem or is
interested to dig into it.

Thanks.
Boyuan Yang

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde-l10n-zhcn/+bug/1184077