hello MOTU,

the freeplane-1.6.6-1 package in Ubuntu artful is broken due to a
parallel gradle build (which upstream doesn't support).

I think a mere synch of 1.6.6-3 to artful is not feasible because there
are extensive changes in the dependency batik-1.9-3 (ant->maven!,
debhelper level 10!):

I think we should patch only freeplane in Ubuntu artful, with the
following trivial change:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/freeplane.git/diff/debian/rules?id=48b7e433715de338b8605c6d2ae20e7af9f5b4e1

Could you help me fix this before the release?

Now that Ubuntu 17.10 is released, I've prepared a debdiff for SRU,
see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/freeplane/+bug/1720670
(and in particular comment #8). Disabling parallel building should
work, and I would be willing to test and verify a package in -proposed.

I assume as soon as the BB archive opens, the new package version
will be synced automatically but due to the large packaging changes
mentioned above, we opted for a minimal patch to fix the issue in
17.10. If any patch pilots could take a look at it, that would be
great! :)

(Please CC me, I'm not subscribed either)

---
mvh / best regards
Hans Joachim Desserud
http://desserud.org