When I execute vlc in a terminal on Ubuntu 20.04LTS before it is installed, it suggests installing the snap package or running "apt install vlc-bin". I see that https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/vlc-bin is missing dependencies and all of the recommended packages listed in https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/vlc so it does nothing but print out the version to the command-line when /usr/bin/vlc is executed. I think that the suggestion should be to use 'apt install vlc' rather than 'apt install vlc-bin' since the later leads to confusion.