Hi MOTUs,

in a Enterprise environment it is state of the art to have a network that is
managed by a
domain controller. In Linux it can be a pain to join to a AD domain. In order
to make it
nearly as convenient as in windows to join the domain, I wrote a script with a
ncurses gui.
This has the advantage that it even works on server environments without desktop
environment. The script prepares nearly all that is needed when joining a
domain (even
NTP and Fileserver).
I thought it might also be interesting to have that in Ubuntu by default. So if
you find it
useful, feel free to add it to the ubuntu repository.
The code and also debian packages can be found here: https://github.com/majojoe/
domain_join[1] Hint: The debian packages have been built with cmake, so it
might not
meet your standards.

Thanks,
Jo