On 3/7/22 19:43, dupakjak at fel.cvut.cz (Jakub Dupak) wrote:
Hello Ubuntu Universe,
I would like to add an application that we develop at the Czech Technical
University to the universe repository. It is a graphical RISC-V CPU simulator
for education. It is used by the Czech Technical University and other
universities in Athens and USA are interested. It was also accepted to Embedded
World Conference 2022.

We have a PPA on Launchpad but I would like to make the installation simpler.
Could you help me get it to the universe repository?

GitHub: https://github.com/cvut/qtrvsim
PPA: https://launchpad.net/~qtrvsimteam/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Thanks

Best regards
Jakub Dupak

qtrvsim only emulates a subset of the riscv32 architecture. It seems to be an educational package.

If you want to ease the installation for your students, you should consider publishing the software as a snap in the Snap Store (see https://snapcraft.io/docs/snapcraft-overview). This will allow running the same application on all Linux distributions that support snaps (Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, ...).

Best regards

Heinrich