On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 12:22:32AM -0400, xmetalf...@yahoo.com wrote:
Hello, I am just an average user who why i have used this game package myself, I have seen a number of users across a few distros based on Ubuntu 22.04 have issues with this package.  The issue is noted here https://github.com/shlomif/PySolFC/issues/253 and I think the issue people are having https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pysolfc/+bug/1967793  is already fixed upstream but the package in multiple different Ubuntu branches (say for Focal or Jammy) are a number of versions behind.

I am just sending a quick email in hope that this package gets updated as I have said I am pretty sure the actual issue people are having has already been fixed and just packaging the newest (or a newer, even if not the latest version released on github) would fix the problem.

thank you for your time,

Mike

Hello Mike,

I replied to the bug you linked at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pysolfc/+bug/1967793/comments/8.

On the technical side, a fix seems to be quite straightforward. However
(do note that I am not a lawer), I have concerns regarding the licensing approach adopted by the upstream project when embedding a deprecated
python module in their code base. See my comments in the bug for further
reference. We can move this discussion there :)

--
Athos Ribeiro