On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 06:20:51PM +0100, Dominik Tichý wrote:
Greetings,

Hi Dominik,

I would like to ask if it would be possible to add a dependency library to
the *gemmi-dev* Ubuntu package (https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/gemmi-dev
).

The library in question is *stb_sprintf.h* which is in the official Gemmi
Github repo (
https://github.com/project-gemmi/gemmi/blob/master/include/gemmi/third_party/stb_sprintf.h).
This library is required in this header file:
https://github.com/project-gemmi/gemmi/blob/3dee76918187f1a0680d654d5805a846d52e4720/include/gemmi/sprintf.hpp#L16-L27
.

This file is explicitly removed from the package, as you can see in
https://salsa.debian.org/debichem-team/gemmi/-/blob/master/debian/copyright#L5-6

Generally, we avoid embedding third party code in our packages (see
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#embedded-code-copies).

The library you are looking for is provided by the libstb package, and
the header file is available in libstb-dev.

Kind regards,

Dominik Tichy

--
Athos Ribeiro