On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 04:14:53PM +0000, Mathew Subin wrote:
> Hi
>
> Why is the official version of nodejs hosted on the Ubuntu Jammy LTS
> version 12.  It has been end of life for a quite a number of months now.

"LTS" (long-term supported) means the software that is shipped as part of
the Ubuntu release is supported for the lifetime of the release.

If you have differing requirements for other software, you are free to
install it on top of Ubuntu; but that is not part of the operating system
that we've released.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org