I just tried this and had a disastrous time at it. mythtv-database failed
to install properly, which then failed mythtv and one other package (I
forget). Searching around I finally figured out it was with the
mythtv-database post install script that was failing. I edited that and
manually put in all the database connection, username and password
information and re-ran the install of it, after several tries getting the
syntax right that finally worked.

Then mythdatabase would error when run, complaining that it couldn't
connect to the database. It said it was using the config.xml file for its
information, but nearly all the fields were empty, and it also had the
wrong password in it. I updated the password to the correct one from the
~/.mythtv/mysql.txt file and filled in all the empty fields (UserName,
Host, DatabaseName), finally myth backend could run and connect to the
database, and then it prompted me to updat the schema.

Mythweb was broken and I was getting pretty frequent crashes on the GUI for
basic mythtv apps, so I then reinstalled mythtv and mythweb, that seemed to
fix those issues. It looks like it is all back up now, but that was a
couple of hours of hacking around to try and get it working.

This was a fresh install of 12.04 with .25 back when it was released, so
not sure why I had such horrible results.

Nick