iirc the setup for shepherd shows you how to set it (or any guide source)
as default, so you might have luck by just reading their doco if not
actually using it?

On 8 October 2013 10:46, Dick Steffens <d...@dicksteffens.com> wrote:

> On 10/07/2013 03:43 PM, Hoolio Wobbits wrote:
>
>> Hi mate, I'm not proposing to understand your problem, nor how myth
>> really works these days.  but i'm running 0,25 and use shepherd (
>> http://svn.whuffy.com/) for guide data. you might have more luck with
>> that; it's been running at my place for years, so much so i may have
>> forgotten how i set it up ;)
>>

> I don't think the source of the guide data is the problem since I had a
> successful population a couple of weeks ago, and I still get good guide
> data in my ReplayTV, for which I've been using Schedules Direct for a
> couple of years.
>
> I'm guessing -- and it really is a guess -- that something I did when I
> started MythTV back up interrupted the process of getting the guide data,
> and it's stuck there.
>
> I see two options. I assume there must be some way to clean up a messed up
> database -- if that's where the issue lies -- and I could invoke something
> to wipe away the bad data and start fresh with clean data.
>
> The other way is the brute force method of reinstalling Mythbuntu from
> scratch. That way seems wrong in a Unix environment, but I could do it and
> chalk up the problem to experience.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Dick Steffens
>

> --

Kind regards, Jules

<golgy> whats so wrong with plumb?
<hoolio> nothing, in itself.  it's just for me, knowing what it means
infers i cannot any longer pretend to not be a complete square when it
comes to computers
<Gryphon> I don't know that knowing anything about plumb turns you into a
nerd, but this conversation already has
<hoolio> are you calling me nerdy?
<checkers> hoolio: you know what initramfs means, AND does. You're lost to
the non-geek world already
<Gryphon> yes
<hoolio> hrm
<hoolio> goodbye cruel world.