Hi,

On Apr 18, 2014 5:21 AM, "Janusz S. Bien" <jsb...@mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:

> I've just downloaded Mythbuntu 14.04 and booted it.
>
> I see "Home entertaiment just got entertainig again" - OK, no objections
:-)

> I see also "Double click the 'Install Mythbuntu' icon to permanently
install to your hard disk" - but I want to try without installing.

> I see also "If you already have a MythTV backend available on your
network you can use this disk as a CD based frontend" - but I don't have
one.

> I guess I should starts MythTV Backend setup following the MythTV Quick
Start Guide, but contrary to the Guide I don't have the item "MythTV
Backend Setup" in the Application > System menu.

It has been a while since I booted from a live cd, but I think you can only
run the frontend booting that way.  If you are worried about messing up you
existing system,  I recommend removing the hard drive and putting a
different one in to install to and test.  If you don't have a second drive
or you are a little less paranoid,  you can install alongside you existing
operating system.

Jeremy