Hi Håken

I've read through the backend log files and I've noticed the following
errors that might be stopping it working :

Oct 26 13:56:12 hhaaken-HTPC mythbackend: mythbackend[2577]: E
CoreContext storagegroup.cpp:790 (CheckAllStorageGroupDirs)
SG(Default): Group 'Default' wants to use directory
'/home/haaken/Mythtv/', but this directory is not writeable.
Oct 26 13:56:12 hhaaken-HTPC mythbackend: mythbackend[2577]: E
CoreContext storagegroup.cpp:790 (CheckAllStorageGroupDirs)
SG(LiveTV): Group 'LiveTV' wants to use directory
'/home/haaken/Mythtv/direkte/', but this directory is not writeable.

There are subsequent errors relating to this when the backend tries to open
the ringbuffer used during playback.

n.b I'm no expert.

regards

Simon