On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
<ricardo.salv...@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Didier Roche <didro...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> Some desktop only update are still flowing in through CI Train, however, we
>> are still blocked by not being able to get one image promotable.
>>
>> Otherwise, two images were produced:
>> #208 contained the second part of the sdk fix for the alarm
>> #209 contains a libhybris change to protect bionic properties call.
>>
>> Here are the updates on current known regressions:
>>
>> 2. Unity8 (Michał/Ricardo)
>> It seems there is a crash, debug symbols on the android side are building,
>> Michał and Ricardo are looking into those. Seems it's maybe not Android-side
>> related but a gcc 4.7 vs 4.8 ABI mismatch. Ricardo is trying to disable tls
>> for more information.
>>
>> The investigation is still ongoing with Ricardo trying to disable multiple
>> flags to see if that helps.
>
> We spent some more time on this issue, and were able to check that
> it's not related with Unity8 itself, but with Qt (v8 engine). It
> crashes in the heap when it's trying to find the inline function
> generator, which is the same crash we had with qmlscene and
> gallery-app.
>
> That's probably why removing the android TLS blocks, and also dropping
> any pthread allocation inside libhybris didn't make any difference.
> We're not yet sure what might be causing this behavior now, but hard
> to say it's really because of 4.4.2 at this point.

I just just able to get the same crash using Manta with 202 (4.2.2) +
current archive updates (now testing with just 202 to see if we got a
regression somehow). This shows that it's not directly related with
4.4.2 itself, so I imagine it probably just made it easier to happen
on mako.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo