An update to the jenkins jobs and scripts used to test MPs is planned
for Wednesday, April 2 at 13:00 UTC. There are some significant
improvements coming as a result:

1) The new jobs and scripts are based on the same tools used to
execute the daily smoke tests. This brings our CI infrastructure a
step closer to a single common test environment.

2) The steps needed to reproduce the CI testing can now be reproduced
with one command to provision and one command to execute the tests
[4].

3) Applications which are available as pre-installed click packages
[5] will be installed and tested as click packages when testing on
touch devices (no more installation as debian packages). The jenkins
job names will change as a result, this will be visible in the MP
comments. Note: desktop tests still require debian packages at this
time.

The pre-installed click packages:
 - lp:camera-app
 - lp:gallery-app
 - lp:notes-app

Projects still installed as debian packages:
 - lp:address-book-app
 - lp:dialer-app
 - lp:friends-app
 - lp:mediaplayer-app
 - lp:messaging-app
 - lp:ubuntu-system-settings
 - lp:ubuntu-ui-toolkit
 - lp:unity8
 - lp:webbrowser-app

All of these projects have already been tested and are passing with
the exception of 2 intermittent failed test cases. I'll be contacting
those project teams directly to determine if migration is still
appropriate at this time.

The old jobs and scripts are not being removed. In the event that an
unforeseen regression occurs, projects can be converted back on a per
project basis.

[4] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CI/MpTouchDeviceTesting
[5] - http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/click_packages/click_list

Francis
--
Francis Ginther
Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering - Continuous Integration Team