Many thanks Konrad, have added a comment with details onto https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/1494225 as prompted - looks like it is the same thing.

Cheers

On 02/03/16 12:05, Konrad Zapałowicz wrote:
Hi,

Yes, we have seen it and we are currently working on fixing it. I'm not sure, however, if we will make it for the next OTA update. Anyway you can check https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/1494225 to verify if your bug matches the one we are working on and for updates.

I urge you also to provide us with the details such as the headset you are using and additionally we would be very happy to receive logs as per https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingBluetooth

Best,
Konrad