On 11/13/16, Michael Zanetti <michael.zane...@canonical.com> wrote:

> On 13.11.2016 12:09, ali hagigat wrote:
>> I have Nexus 5, UbuntuTouch and ubuntu-sdk. Can i use some fundamental
>> telephony functions by ubuntu-sdk? How I can use the telephony gsm
>> libraries because there is no document for them. For example , i want to
>> write an application to dial another number or send text SMS messages to
>> another number. What libraries i should use to do that?
>

> Hi, there is no API for that in the SDK. The platform's design doesn't
> allow arbitrary apps to send messages or place phone calls in the user's
> name without requiring interaction from the user. What you can do in
> your app, is to open a link like tel:///12345678. This would cause the
> dialer app to appear with that number filled in. All the user then has
> to do is to press the call button. This should cater for most of the
> uses cases I think. For example, an app that finds some phone numbers
> for the user to call, can be done pretty nicely with that.
>
> That said, obviously, there might be some use cases where sending
> messages or calling numbers in a completely automated way are desired
> (say, anti theft apps). This is still possible by either accessing ofono
> on D-Bus yourself or calling the scripts in /usr/share/ofono/scripts.
> Your application needs to be unconfined for that. Obviously this is
> highly sensitive from a security point of view and because of that an
> app doing so cannot be published in the store at this point. Your
> application needs to be unconfined for that, which means your options to
> publish it are either by hosting it yourself or publish it in the
> openstore.
>
> Br,
> Michael

Thank you very much Michael Zanetti, for your valuable answers. I appreciate it.
I looked at the architecture of Ubuntu, it seems that a user space
application can access qtubuntu or platform-api  functions and
interfaces.
There was no path to communicate with  Ofono directly by an
application, but you said a user space application has access to the
Ofono interface. It is interesting. Can i call Ofono functions by a
program inside ubuntu-sdk and then compile the code for Nexus 5 mobile
phone?

What software interfaces are available for a user application under
UbuntuTouch operating systems, I see some names like QtUbuntu,
Platform-API, Hybris, Ofono and so on. Which of them are available?
Can they be used inside a Ubuntu-SDK environment?

When you want to develop an application for UbuntuTouch, do you use
Ubuntu-SDK? or you compile your application another way? By developing
code, i mean accessing GSM functionalities particularly.

Sorry for multiple questions, I had to ask them because they are related.