Hi,

My apologies for throwing this out in the blue like this --

I've been running a couple of tests lately for the EC2 images, as part
of the Ubuntu-ami-testers team. I noticed a lot of these tests could
likely be automated, so I've started writing a tool to do just that;
it's called checklist.

At the moment, it's only a branch that I've registered in its own
project: lp:checklist.

https://edge.launchpad.net/checklist

I'm not sure how much this really fits in to so other projects such as
checkbox, but as of now, there is enough logic written to be able to
run commands over ssh, locally, or over ssh to an EC2 instance started
for that purpose (using python-boto).

The goal was basically to be able to write test cases in a simple
form, in .ini files, which are then run by my script and executed as
configured. Stdout and Stderr can be checked against regexes to
provide a PASS or FAIL state for the section and testcase.

Of course it's still quite rough around the edges, and I'm by no means
a python expert, but I'm publishing this in case anybody is interested
and can find a use for it.

Mathieu Trudel
mathieu...@gmail.com