Hi, My name is Roland, I am a teacher at a German school and we power
our computing rooms with
Ubuntu 8.04 with an excellently running LTSP.
We built out of the box a thinclient (default), a kiosk version (even
with google chrome instead of firefox) and a fatclient running blender.
We named our projekt "gymbuntu" (GYMnasium uBUNTU) (Gymnasium is the
German word for highschool.)

While trying Ubuntu 10.04_alternate LTSP-Server  alpha2 I noticed, that
the thinclient is built, but does not start
on the thinclients. It loads the vmlinuz, prints a line of dots and stops.

When trying to built an image with the --kiosk option (or any other
"fat" version) ltsp-build-image reports an
error, telling gdm.conf is not found.

As far as I can see, gdm has been changed, not using gdm.conf any more
(and this seems to has happened at 9.10 or even 9.04 already)
but the ltsp-build-image script has not been updated.

I am not good enough to rewrite this ltsp-build-image - script, but I am
willing to test new written scripts.
I would be glad to help making Ubuntu even better!

Greetings from Germany
Roland

PS: