ive been asking around in forums for a specific type of GUI but no one seems
to be able to tell me of any like what i want, so I'm coming to the
Brainstorm group so that some how, some day, someone might make this GUI
concept into a reality. In my mind we have outgrown current traditional
GUI's we have to take many steps to get where we are going online, find what
we want, or just simpely get a job done online. the problem is everyone is
diverse, we all want diffirent things and in our own way, but we log on to
our computer everyday and we see the same GUI everyone else sees with that
operating system, then we go through the same clicks to get to the place we
can finaly be some what ourselfs, the internet. my idea is how about we side
step all the bs and get ot the internet on start up, right to our web page
that is set up how we want with access to where we want to go at our
designated clicking points. my idea is simply this, we create a GUI that IS
the web browser, a simple file menu at the top to open other apllications if
need be, then the text box for addresses, the rest of the screen is already
to a web site that is created by the user on start up, and can be changed
around as need be. with links that the user really wants. we have reached a
point in technology where most anythign we do is now online, so why have a
desktop background sitting there being useless when we can log on and be
right at our webpage that we designed to do our tasks the way we want, lets
get rid of this mind set that we have to have a background full of icons,
really its just repetitive over the file menu anyways, instead we could be
right where we want as soon as we log in to our computers, im sure there are
many other applications where this would be usefull that i havent thought of
as well. im no programmer i davel in VB and made a few simple web pages but
thats it, but im sure as a collective whole we can make this concept a
reality. for everyone!!     i send this first to the QA mail team to help me
direct which forum this would be best sent to in hopes it will be seen and
took seriously.

                                                chris