Hi all.

After Lucid beta1 and very close to beta2 there came a few updates that
brought a problem that is critical enough that I am not able to use my
netbook for more than 45 minutes without killing X
The problem is that when a bunch of applications are running like
evolution, chromium, empathy and gwibber the hardrive light becomes out
of control and the cursor starts lagging and eventually in a couple of
miutes I am not able to even maximize a minimized window and at last I
have to alt+sysrq+k and restart X and then my system works for an hour.

1. Tried the xorg edgers ppa.
2. Tried the latest stable kernel 2.26.33 and also 2.26.34RC3.
3. Fully erased gwibber and desktopcouch.
4. Fully erased empathy.
5. Fully removed chromium
6. Also removed evolution but still the problem was the same
7. Disabled compiz.

To also rule out that my hardrive is not malfunctioning I installed
ubuntu on a Memory card and also on a pen drive and in all cases the
same problem.

Any help here would be extremely appreciated or atlease if I am able to
find the exact package responsible I could make my system working for
me(I hope).

Regards