Hi all,
I've got a HP DV2 netbook with a 1.66GHz AMD athlon neo-mv 40. CPU
temperature is over 70C most of the time. I tried lots of solution and
none worked:
1- disabling compiz
2- running on powersave mode which decreases temperature rate but in the
end it's the same
3- disabling Wireless
4- running less apps: for example powertop lists firefox-container as
top 5 wake-up reasons, so I started using Chromium, and it worked
although results were not that great.

I didn't find any solutions crawling the web. These things should happen
in windows not in linux (and to my surprise windows 7 works fine,
although i don't run many programs on windows most of the time). Do any
of you got any suggestion? The temperature and vent noise will kill me soon.

Thanks,
Sina