On 05/02/2011 10:24 AM, Lee Boorse wrote:
Hi all. I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Lee and I live in the Philadelphia, PA area. I started experimenting with Ubuntu about 6 months ago and was blown away by its relative ease of installation. I had my Dell D620 set up and running with no issue in about 30 minutes on Ubuntu 10.10. A week or so later, I decided to set up Ampache and accomplished the LAMP set up plus the Ampache application install in about 1 hour.

I then starting looking at Canonical closer and really like their philosophies. I felt the need to try to get more involved.

I currently work as a data center manager for a retail drug store chain. I just recently acquired my Bachelor's degree in Information Technology and am now looking for other ways to expand my knowledge. I've just loaded Ubuntu 11.04 on two laptops, 1 old spare off the shelf here at work (IBM Thinkpad T43) and my new laptop at home (Acer Aspire 5552). Contrary to much of the feedback I'm reading, I'm enjoying the Unity interface.

I stumbled across the Test Team Wiki last week after reading a post in the forums about bug posting. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get more involved. I've set up a launchpad account and now, I guess, I'm looking for direction on where to go from here. I'm excited to jump right in where ever I can.

Looking forward to getting into the mix.

-Lee
Hello and welcome, Lee.

This link is a good start.  Read the Getting Involved section.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam

Patrick