On 12/06/2011 01:45 AM, Aaron wrote:
I am looking at how consistent the ISO manifest is with the actually
installed packages in Precise.  The basic steps I did are:

1. Download ISO from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
(download with date stamp for today)  I did a install (not live cd) in
VirtualBox.

2. Download the manifest for the ISO (for i386 below is the path)
(download with date stamp for today)

wget
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/precise-desktop-i386.manifest

Just to clear a confusion here, the manifest on cdimage.u.c lists the contents of the live filesystem, not the installed filesystem.

Content of the live filesystem and a freshly installed system are different because, some packages on the Live CD are only useful to the Live CD and the installer, only the language (and langpacks) the user selects is installed, additional software can be installed (in your case virtualbox packages, but also flashplugin, codecs, updates, additional langpacks not on the CD, i386 packages due to multiarch support if you're installing on amd64 and need i386 libs, ...)

--
Jean-Baptiste
irc: jibel